May 7, 2010

Halfway There!!

For those of you who care, I thought I would do a pregnancy update. I am now 20 weeks, which means I am halfway there! This pregnancy has gone by a lot faster than the first--probably because I am staying so busy chasing around Abigail!

People have been asking me if this pregnancy feels like my first one. Honestly, it feels almost exactly the same. Thankfully I got past morning sickness almost 2 months ago, and I am feeling pretty good. My energy levels are ok until I start to climb the stairs to our apartment! On days that I have class, I climb 10 flights of stairs total...sometimes 16 flights if I have to get out again later in the day. If I am carrying Abby up the stairs, I have to stop a few times :) I know it's only going to get harder!

I have mostly been craving Mexican food. Normally, this would be a problem, since cheese is hard to come by in our city. I usually buy just enough cheese in the big city so that we get to enjoy one small block per month. That's about 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar, so we ration that and eat Mexican once a month! Thankfully, my good friend recently brought back a large stash of cheese from the big city, so we have been eating Mexican once a week! As I type this, I just finished a plate of homemade chips and salsa and we are having tacos for dinner. The only thing that could make me happier would be some Pancho's cheese dip from Memphis :)

I have 8 weeks left until we find out the gender. We will be in Thailand early July, and we already have an appointment scheduled. We have talked about a few names, but I am sure we will wait until the week before I deliver to officially name this baby. (We didn't finalize Abigail's name until a couple of days before she was born. So we have plenty of time.)

Here is a picture of me and baby. Don't you just love the bright yellow walls in our bedroom? I wake up to sunshine every morning!
And for those of you who could care less about my baby bump, but would rather see pictures of Abigail:

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, thanks for posting. I enjoy hearing how you are doing and it helps know how to talk to dad more intelligently. I talk to Him about you and Nick and Abigail regularly. Pics are sooooo cute. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete