It has become a tradition for us to spend Christmas Eve with our friends here. We all make fancy appetizers and desserts, and gather together for games, food, fellowship and presents! This year we played games like Pin the Nose on the Reindeer, Christmas movie charades, and Christmas carol pictionary. We ate a ton of good food: meatballs, pigs in a blanket, deviled eggs, chips and dip, toffee and peppermint bark. I made homemade peanut butter cups and they were a huge hit. I think I gained 10 pounds from the leftovers!
The kids did a gift swap and the adults played Dirty Santa. You know you live overseas when all of the Dirty Santa gifts are food! There was lots of Starbucks coffee, ingredients to make Frito chili pie, and Dr. Pepper. I walked away with two cans of Dr. Pepper and some yummy candy from the States, and Nick ended up with Starbucks coffee beans!
Here are some pictures from the day:
Nick had fun playing chess and holding our little Santa!
Me & Mayah
Me & Abigail--I tried all afternoon to get a good picture, and this was the best one! Her mouth is full of quesadillas.
Abigail had lots of fun playing Pin the Nose on the Reindeer. Even if she was afraid of the blindfold!
We hope you had a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment