On our recent trip to St. Louis, the guys went golfing so the girls decided to go to Grant's Farm. I'm not sure why we didn't think of this, but since it was the last week of summer vacation in St. Louis, there were crowds and crowds of people there. We got there around 10:30 am. Here were are at the end of the line. It took 2 hours for us to actually get inside Grant's Farm! It was insane.
I think once we finally got inside, we only spent a couple of hours there. Abigail and her cousin Hailey had lots of fun riding in their stroller together. (Even though in this picture, it looks like Abigail is telling Hailey to scoot over!)
We got to see some animals up close on a tram ride, then we walked around and saw some camels and llamas and other fun creatures.
For some reason, Abigail has been talking about merry-go-rounds for months. She has been saying "I'm gonna go to America and ride a merry-go-round!" So she was very excited to ride the merry-go-round at Grant's Farm. The first picture below is when she was standing in line for the ride. She was so excited. Once the ride started, she lasted about 5 seconds before she said, "I'm about ready to get down now!" She repeated that sentence over and over until the ride was over!
The last thing we did was to feed the baby goats. We had milk bottles that we took in, and the goats swarmed us ready to eat. For some reason, the goats really liked me and Mayah. They kept nibbling at my shorts and shirt. One time I was squatting down to help Abigail, and a lady came running over saying, "The goats are eating your baby! The goats are eating your baby!" The goats nibbled on Mayah's feet and she never noticed! I looked around and the goats were not attacking anyone else--only me! We figured the goats know a milk-supplier when they smell one.
No comments:
Post a Comment