March 24, 2010

14 Weeks and Counting

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! I wish I could say I had a great reason for not updating the last 2 1/2 months.....oh wait, I do! It's called the first trimester. That's right--I'm pregnant! For a couple of months, I was pretty wiped out every day and just did not have much energy. Four weeks of pretty intense morning sickness (and two stomach bugs) will do that to you. I ate nothing but bananas, crackers and baked potatoes for days. I have decided that feeling nauseous in a foreign country is just not fun. It's not good when the smell of rice cooking makes you sick.
But thankfully I am feeling much better these days. I am actually able to step into my kitchen without gagging! A couple of weeks ago, we traveled to our provincial capital and enjoyed some (much needed) McDonald's cheeseburgers. We also went to the hospital and had our first ultrasound. The baby was moving around a lot and the heartbeat was very strong. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant, and my due date is September 23. Please lift us up over the next several months, asking for a healthy pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Praying for y'all and Abby is just a doll!

    ReplyDelete