August 8, 2010

10 years

On August 5, Nick and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary! Our big anniversary present to each other was our vacation in Thailand, so I told Nick he didn't need to get me anything. But I did hint that I would be very happy to receive flowers :)

Nick surprised me on our anniversary morning by giving me 100 long-stemmed red roses. They were so beautiful! I divided them up and now they brighten every room in the house. Here is what 100 roses looks like:

Nick's next surprise was to arrange for two of our friends to come and watch Abigail while we went on a date. (Thanks M and H!) I was definitely not expecting this, and it was so nice to have our first date in several months! We went out for fried rice and smoothies, and then Nick sat with me while I got my toenails painted. My love language is quality time, so Nick really gave me a wonderful gift this year. We took Abigail out for dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants and enjoyed grilled pork and veggies.

Nick and I are so thankful to have enjoyed 10 wonderful years of marriage. We have been talking lately about how God has blessed us so much over the last 10 years. It is exciting to think about what He will do during the next 10!

I am now 33 weeks pregnant! Here is a side profile so you can see how our next baby girl is growing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment