September 16, 2010

Trip to Mae Sai: Day Two

I decided to do a separate post since I had so many fun pictures of our hotel in Mae Sai. After traveling all day on Tuesday, we were really tired when we got back to the hotel. There is a really nice resort in Mae Sai where you stay in these little bungalows. It had a very
"Swiss Family Robinson" feel to it. The one-room bungalow had a bathroom that was kind of like an enclosed patio, with bamboo walls and roof. Nick went into the bathroom to discover we had a furry friend running in the bamboo rafters. We never could get a picture of the rat because he hid every time we went into the bathroom. But we definitely heard him scurrying! I told Nick I felt like we were in a village, except we paid lots of money to stay here! But really, except for the rat, the hotel was really cool. Here is our bed, complete with mosquito net:
During the night, it rained almost non-stop. When we woke up in the morning, the water outside had risen several inches, just below our walkway! I couldn't get a really good picture of the outside, because it was so humid outside. My camera fogged up as soon as we stepped out of the door, it was like trying to take a picture in a sauna! This was the view just outside our door:
Waiting for breakfast:
Our American breakfast consisted of: toast, egg, ham, canadian bacon, hot dog, and salad topped with mayo. Why is it that if you order American breakfast in Asia, they always want to give you a salad? I am not sure where that idea came from.
After visiting with some other friends for lunch on Wednesday, we headed back to Chiang Mai. Along the way, we stopped at a place called Charin Garden, which had more than 20 different kinds of pie. We never have pie unless we make it from scratch, so it was really exciting to see all of the choices! We sampled apple pie, blueberry cheesecake, and chocolate pie while we sat along the river. It was a great way to end our road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment