About a month ago, Abigail decided on her own that she was ready to move out of her crib. When she turned 2, I casually mentioned to her that maybe one day soon, she would be sleeping in her big girl bed. And the next night she was ready!
These bunk beds have been in Abigail's room for almost a year and a half, since some friends of our moved back to the States. She has enjoyed playing on them for a while now, and now enjoys sleeping on the bottom bunk.
At first, I was a little worried about this transition because she is a very mobile sleeper. She rolls all over the bed while she sleeps. Nick usually goes in her room around midnight to scoot her over a little closer to the wall, and we create a barricade of pillows to keep her from rolling off. Thankfully, she has only fallen out of bed once--and wasn't hurt at all!
she looks sooo tiny in her big girl bed! I can't believe she is already to this phase! Your little girl is growing up too fast!
ReplyDelete