July 31, 2011

1,204 Days

That's how many days we have been living in Asia.  Some days have been wonderful, some days have been discouraging.  But it has been home.  

Nick and I left Memphis on April 15, 2008 with 7 suitcases and a fresh excitement for our new adventure.  We leave today with 3 suitcases, 2 new members of our family, and a little sadness for what we are leaving behind.  

After 45 hours and 4 flights, we hope to arrive back in Memphis on August 2.  And we will get to call America "home" for 6 months, as we enjoy an endless supply of Mexican food, fellowship with a community of faith, and soak in the closeness of family.  

I'm sure we will get to experience some things we forgot about.  I'm sure that some days we will have a hard time readjusting to life in the States.  But I hope that we will enjoy each day and the blessings we'll receive. 

America, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment