July 4, 2011

Dinner Plans?

Last night, we had some friends over some friends invited themselves over for dinner.  They told us they wanted to come over and visit with us, and that they would bring food and cook it for us.  Sounds great!

They called yesterday afternoon to confirm that they were still coming.  It didn't surprise me when they didn't arrive exactly at 4:00, so I just did some things around the house for a while.  Well, a while turned into a while longer, and at 5:30 we still hadn't heard from them.  

At 5:45, they call and say, "I'm not sure if we can still come to your house tonight.  Do you still want us to come?"  I assure them that we still want them to come, but if it is not convenient we can do it another time.  They say, "Well, we might be able to come, I just don't know for sure."  To make a long awkward phone call short, they decided they still wanted to come.  Since it was so late, I told them I could make dinner and have it ready for them.  But they really wanted to cook for us, so I said ok.  

Before they got to our house, they called back and asked if we had any food in our house, or did they need to go buy some.  Thankfully we had some food, so I told them to come over and use what we had in the fridge.  By this point I was so hungry and I knew if we waited for them to buy food, we would never eat!  

They finally arrived and brought 2 of Abigail's friends with them.  She had lots of fun playing with them while the girls made an amazing dinner for us.  

I love the fact that our friends can open my fridge and create 4 amazing dishes from scratch without taking anytime to think about it.  I wish I could do that!  We had:  sweet and sour chicken, stir fried broccoli, a corn/carrot/cucumber salad, and a Burmese dish that included eggs that had been boiled then fried.  It was worth the wait!

Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures.  But we really enjoyed having the girls over.  It wasn't what we expected, but we were blessed by their desire to be a blessing to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment