I have to give Nick credit for making this night happen. Nick has class on Monday nights, so I had decided that we wouldn't do anything for Halloween. But Nick really wanted the girls to have fun dressing up, so we had talked about maybe getting Abigail a costume. Then the day before Halloween, we heard from a friend of ours from China, who was visiting nearby and wanted to get together that night. So Nick decided to skip his class for the night to take our girls out and then meet our friend afterwards.
Biola has this great event called Candyland that takes place in one of the girls dorms. Kids from the community can come and go door-to-door trick-or-treating, play games, and have a blast in a safe environment. It was so much fun, and our girls loved it!
Abigail loved going room to room and getting candy. Each dorm room had decorated their door for the occasion. Her favorite part was meeting Cinderella. I loved watching her face light up when she first saw her!
Mayah had fun too. Her favorite part of the night was seeing all of the balloons hanging everywhere. Her least favorite part was wearing her sailor cap. But she still looked cute without it :)
I am so glad we decided to spend the evening at Candyland! Anytime the girls get to spend Monday evening with their daddy is special, and Abigail just loved being a real princess for the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment