February 11, 2013

Hippos and Elephants and Bears...Oh My!


Can you believe we have lived here a year and we had never been to the zoo?





I should do a whole separate post about how we go charged twice as much as the locals for the entrance fee.  I went round and round with the lady at the ticket counter-in the local language- explaining that we live here and I can read and see what the normal price is.  But she would not sell me a normal ticket.  Oh well.  It still only cost about $2.   

I had pretty low expectations and turned out to be pleasantly surprised.  We got to feed the hippos, come within and inch of an elephant’s trunk, and Nick’s mom even got to sit next to a bear.  It was lots of fun!







I think we will have to make this a regularly scheduled outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment