After spending a few days in the mountains {see part one}, we drove back to Kuala Lumpur for 2 nights. We found a great deal on a hotel with 2 bedroom apartments in the city center. We were only about a mile from the famous Petronas Towers.
The next day, the girls had so much fun playing at the nearby splash park and playground. It was the coolest place. And it was free!
Really, our time in KL was made even more wonderful because of all of the yummy food we got to eat. We had Chili's (skillet queso!!) We had Johnny Rockets (real milkshakes!!) We had lots of fun. We enjoyed our yummy meals so much, in fact, that I only have one picture to show from our entire dining experiences in KL. Asher sat in his first restaurant highchair at Johnny Rockets and watched me drink the milkshake I have been craving for so many months. See how happy he was for me?
I have to admit, we had kind of been putting off a trip to KL for a couple of years. We wanted to go, but we were so much more comfortable just going to Bangkok for our visa runs--we know Bangkok. When you are traveling internationally with toddlers and babies, it's just easier to do what you know. But I am so glad we finally decided to take this trip. We loved the city and wish we could have spent more time there. KL is definitely at the top of our list for trips to take again in the next year! Where else am I going to get my skillet queso fix in Asia?
No comments:
Post a Comment