October 25, 2014

Take #4563928

Can we talk a little about the joys of family pictures? 

On our recent trip to Cameron Highlands in Malaysia, I had two goals. One, relax. Two, have a family picture taken. (Well, I guess if I was honest, my other very important goals included the words skillet queso and chocolate milkshake.) 

Anyway. It has been a loooong time since we have had a decent picture taken. In fact, since Asher was born, we only have one photo of the five of us. And it was taken about a week after he was born, so it was time for a new one. So our friends who vacationed with us graciously volunteered to take pictures for us.

You would think that the most difficult part to arrange would be Asher. That turned out to be pretty easy. He awoke happily from his nap and we rushed outside. Well, I guess all wasn't perfect with Asher, because he spit up all over himself and me before we even started. Pressing on anyway!



Enter our free spirited child. Little Mayah Joy. This child has been going through a phase where she refuses to have her picture taken. Actually, can something be called a phase if it has gone on for a year? I don't know. Well, Mayah. She has so much energy all the time. She runs around, jumping on her little trampoline at home, bouncing all over the couch and bed. But the second you ask her to do something she doesn't want to do, all energy is drained immediately. Her shoulders hunch over, her head goes down, and she becomes dead weight. It would be funny if it wasn't so terribly annoying.

So our picture time went a little like this.






I was even trying to bribe her with candy. The whole time.



At last, a smile. A perfect smile. And where are we all looking? At her. Great picture!



Abigail had lots of fun during the photo shoot.



We finally ended up with a couple that are good enough.




After the photo shoot, she was hanging out and I was able to capture this.


Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment