For as long as I can remember, Nick has had a tradition of running in a race on Thanksgiving Day. In high school, he would run in the Turkey Trot in Memphis before Thanksgiving lunch. When we lived in Colorado, he even drove down to Denver one year to run in a Thanksgiving Day race. Thanksgiving does not feel complete without a race, so this year he organized the 1st Annual LC Thanksgiving Day 5K Turkey Trot.
It was great to see all of our American friends participate! Even those of us who didn't want to run, came out and helped in various ways. I don't run....so I organized the after-race snacks and took lots of pictures. A couple of people were sick/injured, so there were only 5 runners. Here they are at the starting line.
It was great to see all of our American friends participate! Even those of us who didn't want to run, came out and helped in various ways. I don't run....so I organized the after-race snacks and took lots of pictures. A couple of people were sick/injured, so there were only 5 runners. Here they are at the starting line.
Nick found a really fun confetti gun to fire at the starting line. The race took place on the highway. I am sure that in most Turkey Trot races you don't have to dodge cars and get chased by stray dogs!
No comments:
Post a Comment