April 18, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Bad:  
It is that time of year again, daily water rationing.  For the last few days, the water has been turned off during all waking hours (from about 6 am until after midnight).  No washing clothes, no mopping the floors, no bathing, no flushing the toilet unless absolutely necessary.  Our province is experiencing a severe drought, and this rationing will most likely continue off and on for a few months.  

The Good:  
We still have solar water in our kitchen, which is really nice.  That means I can do the dishes for a few minutes at a time, until the water becomes so boiling hot that I have to stop.  Then I wait 30 minutes and repeat :)  Also, we have plenty of water for drinking and cooking.

The Ugly:
I am going to look pretty scary if I don't wash my hair soon.  I might just be setting my alarm for 3:00 am tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment