March 11, 2012

Happy Meal with a side of corn, please!

This week while we have been in China, waiting for our visas to be processed, we have spent a lot of time at McDonald's.  Most days we go there for lunch.  It's cheap and easy, and they have highchairs!  

We actually didn't have McDonald's one time while we were in the States.  I think Abigail forgot how much she liked hamburgers.  


At first, I wasn't sure if there would be anything for Mayah to eat.  With her wheat allergy, it can make eating fast food a little difficult.  But it turns out that the french fries at McDonald's are not cross-contaminated, so she has been eating lots of fries.  And here in China, you can get a side of corn, which just happens to be one of Mayah's favorite foods these days.  Abigail likes to feed Mayah her corn.  I think it's just so she can eat some of it herself.    


This is Mayah's "smiling face."  She can also make a sad face, and a mad face.  But her mad face and happy face look pretty much the same :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys found a great food-niche! I have been praying for you--your picture is in my Bible and keeps the page of the next Psalm I read each day.

    ReplyDelete