March 7, 2012

We're here! (wherever that is)

In case you were wondering, we are still alive and well!  (Although, on our most recent plane ride, I wasn't so sure that we were going to make it!)  I have been wanting to update the blog, but since we have no internet in our apartment, it just hasn't happened.

Here is a quick recap of what we have been doing the last month:  First, we spent 6 days flying all over the world.  We had at least one flight a day, and every night we slept in a different place.  We managed to complete the first step in getting some of our personal belongings from China to our new home.  We made it to our new home, and spent about 2 1/2 weeks settling in.  Then, Nick went on a 9-day trip back to the States.  And now, here we are back in China--to renew our visas and finish step 2 of getting all of our belongings to our new home.  Whew!  I am exhausted just typing that.  It really hasn't seemed that busy!


As well-seasoned travelers, I was confident that our trip back overseas would go smoothly.  That was before I realized that I have a little girl who just learned to walk.  Mayah was not content to sit in her seat and she climbed all over us for hours and hours!  She especially loved to sit on the seat-back tray.


The girls also learned all about airplane safety.  Abigail wanted to read the safety instructions on every flight.  By the time our trip was over, she could explain to Mayah what to do if our plane landed in the ocean, or if there was a fire, etc.  Thankfully we didn't need to use her new-found knowledge!

More info on our new home to come!  I am taking advantage of the fast internet at our hotel, and I will try to fill you in on the details of our new home soon!

1 comment: