I have long waited for the day when I could hold Abigail's attention long enough to "help" me in the kitchen. Sometime in the past few months, she has really become a great helper. She loves to help me hang the laundry by getting the clothes out of the washing machine one by one. She is great at picking up her toys and putting her books away. ("Put back" is her new favorite phrase.) She likes to throw things away in the trash. It's great!
This week, I have asked her to come into the kitchen to help me cook. She helps me by sitting on a chair and playing with measuring cups while I prepare the food. I tell her everything I am doing and show her the different ingredients. Last night we had homemade pizza for dinner. So I had Abigail help me make the pizza dough. As I kneaded the dough, she watched me. Every once in a while she would poke her fingers in the dough, or ask me to put some flour on her hands. Later after her nap, she asked me, "Cooking? Cooking?" So I had her watch me make the pizzas. Here is one of our pizzas ready to go in the oven. Doesn't it look yummy?
Side note: I love it when I can make things with all local ingredients! The pizza dough is homemade, the pizza sauce is made from scratch, and the cheese was made at our friend's farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment