My entire family slept in until after 9:00 this morning, and I am sitting here eating homemade chips and salsa. I like to have a couple of recovery days after a trip, so I'm glad it's the weekend! We just spent 5 fun-filled days in Bangkok. Here is a recap:
Krispy Kreme doughnuts! I have been so excited for this. Some of you may remember that the entire time I was in the States last year, I was on a gluten-free diet (because of Mayah's wheat allergy). Well, I weaned Mayah last month and I am eating as much gluten as I can now :) We have some doughnut shops here where we live. But they cannot even compare with Krispy Kreme. So I have been waiting for the real thing. My first doughnut since last July was a Krispy Kreme original glazed. It was worth the wait!
It just happened to work out perfectly that our visa run coincided with Nick's birthday! Nick decided that he wanted to watch a movie while eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts and drinking Starbucks. While he was watching Avengers in 4D, the girls and I hung out at Toys R Us. Taking 2 toddlers to a toy store (and letting them roam free) was one of the craziest things I have ever done. I spent the entire time running in circles trying to make sure I didn't lose one of them. They of course, had lots of fun playing, and didn't really mind saying goodbye to the toys when it was time to go.
Another thing on our must-do list in Thailand was to eat at Outback. We hardly ever eat at Outback in the States, but over here it is just so yummy.
Abigail fell asleep in her stroller before we even got there, and she slept all through dinner. Poor thing never takes naps anymore, but I think this trip wore her out :)
On the way to Bangkok, I just happened to open the in-flight magazine to find an Outback coupon for a free dessert! So we got to eat a $10 dessert for free!
I love Burger King. So we ate here 3 times. In 5 days. Is that too much?
One afternoon while I took care of our visa paperwork, Nick and the girls went to the aquarium. We got a membership so we can come back anytime. I think they had fun!
I think we had a pretty good trip. We did so much more that I didn't take pictures of, like our trip to IKEA. I will save my love for IKEA for another post. But we did get a comforter and some much needed kitchen items. I'm having fun unpacking!
Now back to normal life....
No comments:
Post a Comment