May 21, 2012

The Birds

Did you ever read that story “The Birds?”  I have to admit, it freaked me out a little when I read it in Mrs. Walton’s 9th grade English class.  (Side note:  Nick and I took that class together, even though we were just distant acquaintances at the time!)  Anyway, this post isn’t really anything like that story.  Except it does involve a few birds.

A few weeks ago, we began to suspect that a mother bird was building her nest just outside our bathroom window.  Our bathroom window is really just a screen, so bits of leaves and grass began poking through the screen.  We awoke each morning to find our toilet and sink covered in little sticks and feathers and such.  (We had to find a new place to store our toothbrushes, in fear of catching some rare form of Southeast Asian bird flu.)  Well, a few days ago, the little birdies hatched and they seem really happy to be living just outside our bathroom.  They chirp all hours of the early morning and throughout the day.  It is a happy little sound J  I think they are a little scared of us though—anytime we enter the bathroom, the chirping immediately stops.  As soon as we leave, it starts back up again. 

Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea

Abigail has been happy to greet the birds every day.  I think it makes her feel a little more like Cinderella!

No comments:

Post a Comment