November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Parties, Part 2

Our traditional Thanksgiving celebration with the other Americans in town was scheduled for Friday. So on Thanksgiving night, I decided to cook a little meal just for our family. I decided for some unknown reason to try a new recipe for pork tenderloin that turned out to be a little too flavorful. For some reason, I always try new recipes on holidays, but they never turn out as good as I think they will, and I always forget on the next holiday and do it all over again with a new recipe that turns out to be not very good! Thankfully, I also tried making a pumpkin pie for the first time, and it turned out to be wonderful. I never knew pies were so easy to make! They took some time and effort, but it wasn't as hard as I always thought it would be. For dinner, we had pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls. We have been introducing our house helper to American foods, and she seemed to like it all. We had fun explaining Thanksgiving to her and letting her in on our family celebration!

On Friday we had the traditional Thanksgiving feast with friends. We had imported turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, homemade mac-and-cheese, deviled eggs, croissants, pecan pie and much more! We watched Elf, ate until we were full, then played games and ate some more. It was a great day. But for some reason, I only took one picture the whole day! This is Mayah's good friend, baby Oak, who was born exactly 6 weeks after her. They had fun celebrating their first Thanksgiving together!

I must say that I am really excited about the fact that next Thanksgiving will be spent in Memphis with our families! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment